Amer Sports strategy is based on five strategic cornerstones, which enable the company to achieve its ambitions and long-term financial targets.
2020 financial targets
Amer Sports’ financial targets toward 2020 are:
- Net sales: mid-single digit organic, currency-neutral annual growth
- Profit: Annual EBIT growth (excl. items affecting comparability) ahead of net sales growth
- Cash flow conversion: Free cash flow / net profit at least 80%
- Net debt / EBITDA: Year-end net debt / EBITDA ratio max 3
The accelerated glidepath consists of growing the core business and accelerating disproportionally in five prioritized areas: Apparel and Footwear, US, China, Business to Consumer (own retail and e-commerce), as well as digitally connected devices and services.
In 2016, Amer Sports reached several strategic milestones, including
- Footwear & Apparel net sales at approximately EUR 1 billion (approximately EUR 300 million in 2010);
- Business to Consumer bypassing EUR 200 million, representing 8% of the Group sales (1% in 2010); and
- China bypassing EUR 100 million, up more than 6x since 2010.
Amer Sports continues to invest into the 2020 acceleration priorities, most notably digitalization, retail openings, and developing new products and technologies for future commercialization.
- Stock exchange release August 30, 2017: Amer Sports updates its 2020 growth target, prioritizing Sustainable Profitable Growth
- Capital Markets Day September 1, 2016
- Stock exchange release August 31, 2016: Amer Sports confirms its 2020 financial targets, raising the organic growth goal
- Capital Markets Day August 27, 2015
- Stock exchange release August 26, 2015: Amer Sports announces new financial targets and a new accelerated glidepath toward 2020